“Hey, Cortana, tell me your Commands.”
– Sorry, I can’t help you.
If you are looking for an official list of all Cortana commands. You will never find because it doesn’t exist. But, don’t worry here we list out some basic commands, which you can address Cortana batter way.
Cortana can perform a variety of tasks like launching applications, Wi-Fi on and off, scheduling appointments, change settings, and a lot more. You can also ask your secret dirty questions to Cortana. Yes, you can, try it.
How to use Cortana?
- Just click the microphone icon in the taskbar next to the Start menu.
- You can also use the Shift + Windows Key + C keyboard shortcut to open Cortana in listening mode.
- If you have ‘Hey, Cortana’ enabled, simply say “Hey, Cortana,” followed by your question.
- If you’re using a Windows Phone, just press and hold the search button to open Cortana in listening mode.
Basic Cortana commands
- About Weather. Ex.:”What’s the weather in Mumbai?(type your location)” or “What’s the weather like?” or “What will the weather be like in two days?” or “Is it going to rain tomorrow?” or “Is it hot in Nagpur?”.
- Opening App, Website, and software. Ex.: “Open Google chrome”or “Launch chrome” or “Open whatnew.in” or “Go to Photoshop”.
- Find Time. Ex.:”What time is it?” or “What time is in Los Angeles”.
- If you have Windows phone. Ex.:”Call Mahesh” or “Call Dipika on speakerphone”.
- Perform simple calculations. Ex.: “What’s 20 minus two?” or “What’s 20 times 10?”
- You also Track packages (needs email account configured in the Mail app). Ex.: “Where are my Amazon packages?”
- Conversions. Ex.: “How many teaspoons in a cup?” or “What is five miles in kilometers” or “How many seconds in 1 hour”.
- Ask definition. Ex.: “What is black hole?” or “What is super computer” or “What is Kama Sutra?”.
- “Show me top headlines.”
- “Show me latest news.”
- “Show me India news.” or “Show me UP election news.”
- “Show me (company name) stock.” Ex.: “Show me AXIS stock price.”
- “Show me dollar exchange rate.”
- “What was the score of the last (sports team’s name) match?” Ex.: “What was the score the last India Vs Pakistan cricket match”.
- Track flight status (from your mail) Ex.: “Is my flight on time?”.
- Find Place “Where is Taj Mahal?”.
- Convert currency. Ex.: “What’s 100 Rs in Euros?” or “What’s 1 dollar in Indian rupee?”.
- Find Best hotel and restaurant. Ex.: “best restaurant near me”,
- Find Place near me. Ex.: “Show me Chinese restaurants near me” or “Find bars near me”
- Turn on/off Wi-Fi
- Turn on/off Bluetooth” or “Disable/Enable Bluetooth.
- Turn on/off Airplane Mode.
- Set up reminders based on time, person, or location. Ex.:”Remind me to buy eggs next time I go to market.” or “Remind me to say Thank you next time I meet Mahesh” or “Remind me to ask for vacation time next time I talk to Neha.”
- Set an alarm. Ex.: “Set an alarm for 7 a.m.” or “Wake me up in 2 hours.”
- Ask about holidays. Ex.: “What day is Diwali?” or “When is Holi?”.
- Add an appointment to your calendar. Ex.: “Add Doctor appointment to Thursday at 2 p.m.” or “Schedule phone call with My Father tomorrow at 5 a.m.”
- “Move (event name) to (date and time).” Ex.: “Move dental appointment to Friday at 4 PM.”
- Find pictures, videos, documents, etc., on your device from a specific time frame. Ex.:”Find photos from yesterday” or “Find documents from May 2015”
- “Find (object) photos” Ex.: “Find Elephant pictures.”
- “Find file (name)” or “Find document named (document name).” Ex.: “Find document called Badget 2017.”
Search on Web:
- “Who is the CEO of Google?”
- “Who is the Prime minister of India ?” or “Who is wife of Narendra Modi”
- “Who win election in UP?”
- “Who is Shahrukh Khan?
- When Bill Gates was born?
- “What’s the capital of China?”
- “How tall is Mount Everest?”
Translating to a different language:
- “Translate (word) to (language).” Ex.: “Translate Apple to Hindi.”
- “Translate (phrase) to (language).” Ex.: “Translate My name is Rahul to hindi.”
- “Where am I?”
- How long will it take me to get Pune to Mumbai?
- Show me driving/Train/walking directions Mumbai to Lonavala[location/landmark].
- “Show me a map of Lonavala
Fun tips and tricks:
- What’s up?
- Who are you?
- Who is your father?
- Who make you?
- Who am I?
- What’s your gander?
- Tell me a joke.
- Can you marry me?
- Can you be my girlfriend?
- What do you think of Windows 10?
- What do you think of Google?
- Do you like Google Now?
- Who’s better, you or Siri?
- Sing a song for me?
- Rock, paper, scissors.
- Play the movie game.
- Heads or tails?
- Roll a die/dice (one die) or roll dice (two dice).
- F**k you
- Are you mad?
- I don’t like you.
- Tell me about your self.
- Surprise me!